HomeAbout UsBiographyWhat's NewAlbumsOrder FormPhotosScheduleFacebook

Photos

 

 

 

 

PHOTO GALLERY


Pictures Posted: March 20, 2005


Jim & Ann

Jim
w/Touque & Sashi

Jim & Ann
2004

Ann
w/Touque & Sashi

Christmas
With
Jim & Ann

Jim & Ann
and Family

Ann
She Does Love 
An Aussie Experience

Jim & Ann
With Friends

Jim
Paying Respects To
Ronald Reagan

The Golf Course
Where Jim Likes To Play

Ann
Pismo Beach Just Outside The Window Of Their Restaurant

Pismo Beach
Great View For A Restaurant

Ann At
Pismo Beach

Pismo Beach
Sea Gulls

Ann
Feeding The Birds
   
Our Rig
Our Home Away From Home
   

Chattanooga is home to the Tivoli Theatre, a fabulous historic showplace known as the “Jewel of the South.” For over 85 years the grand old theatre has entertained Chattanoogans, offering everything from silent movies to Broadway blockbusters.

Tivoli in the 1920sThe Tivoli opened on March 19, 1921 following two years of construction. Construction cost was close to $1 million--a lavish sum for its day. The Tivoli's interior reflects the Beaux Arts style popular for movie palaces of the 1920s. Its high domed ceiling, grand lobby, crystal chandeliers and elegant foyer were designed to transport patrons to a world of richness and splendor. Designed by the Chicago-based architectural firm of Rapp and Rapp, the Tivoli was built to accommodate both silent movies and live stage productions, making it state-of-the-art for its time. More innovations followed. In 1924 a $30,000 Wurlitzer organ was installed. And in 1926 the Tivoli became one of the first public buildings in the country to be air conditioned. Also in 1926, Paramount Studios bought the Tivoli, making it part of the Paramount-Publix theater chain.

Throughout the 1920s, 30s and 40s, the Tivoli reigned as Chattanooga's premier movie and variety theater. However, with the emergence of television in the 1950s its patronage declined. Forced to close in 1961, the Tivoli narrowly escaped demolition.

In 1963, a grant from Chattanooga's Benwood Foundation allowed the Tivoli to reopen after a partial renovation. The Tivoli was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1974, and was purchased by the City of Chattanooga in 1976 for $300,000.

In 1979, the Chattanooga Arts Council (now Allied Arts) received a $25,000 grant from the Lyndhurst Foundation for a feasibility study on restoring the Tivoli to its former glory. It wasn't until 1986, however, that the State of Tennessee made $3.5 million available for renovation. A private campaign raised another $3.2 million, and the City of Chattanooga contributed $300,000.Tivoli Under Renovation

After a two-year renovation, the Tivoli reopened to rave reviews on March 29, 1989. In addition to a complete cosmetic overhaul, the Tivoli's technical improvements included new dressing rooms to accommodate up to 70 performers, new state-of-the-art sound and lighting systems, a hydraulic lift orchestra pit, and new "green room" and rehearsal facilities. Stage depth was increased by over 14 feet to meet the requirements of today's concerts and theatrical tours.

From 1920s "picture palace" to community showplace for the 21st century, the Tivoli still offers Chattanoogans the finest in entertainment and cultural events. The Tivoli is the home of the Chattanooga Symphony and Opera Association, and also welcomes a wide variety of touring companies each year. With offerings from blues to bluegrass and classical to country; plus dance, opera and the best of Broadway, the Tivoli is at the center of Chattanooga's cultural life. Its elegance and intimacy have made it a favorite of audiences and performers alike.

 

Photo

VOP ReUnion Concert
Tivoli Theatre
Chattanooga, Tennessee
August 14,1999

Photo
Photo

Tivoli Theatre

 

This is our home away from home. We enjoy the comfort of our 5th Wheel Mobile Home. Be sure to wave if you pass us on the road.

 


Jim is having a casual Day
on the road, at home in
his 5th Wheel Trailer

 

Ann is having a relaxing
afternoon, on the sofa,
on the road, at home in
the 5th Wheel Trailer

Our Nephew, Larry, who now resides in Hendersonville, Tennessee, was visiting us during our stay in Napa, California! Larry used to reside in Santa Rosa, California until his full-time employment took him back to Nashville, Tennessee.

Larry is responsible for our Website design and maintenance!

 


This photo was taken during our May 29-30/98 Spiritual Renewal Weekend, at the Northridge SDA Church in Northridge, California.

 

| Home | About Us | Biography | What's New | Albums | Order Form | Photos | Concert Schedule  |


This web site created by GoldMil Productions Inc. Hendersonville, Tennessee
Copyright (c) 1998 GoldMil Productions, LLC.
Last modified: 11/14/14